Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I get HIV, part 1.





When I turned 18, the world was reborn in an ocean of fire.

I'd already been living on my own for a few months, my parents bought me a car...

and I started eating cold pills for recreation.

I had a girl's haircut. Every day was a fucking circus. I was chasing skirt around every corner, sometimes my ex-girlfriend would get drunk and sleep with me. Other times the most recent ex-girlfriend would trick my pill-addled self into going down on her in the most disgusting bathroom ever. The days were good, the nights were dark.


God's face was in the trees, I was putting lit cigarettes behind my ear and screaming "FIRE!", good times.

At any rate the car, lovingly referred to as "the camel" for the rest of this tale, broke down. I blew it up in Fellsmere(nowhere land, FL)on my way to collect a cat in Port St. Lucy. I walked a mile or so to a pay phone. Left a few messages and started walking back up 95N.

I walked for an hour or two.

It got dark.

I met a guy who looked like Santa who was walking the opposite direction, and as much I want to think he said something spooky and riddled with portents like;

"Strange days, aye brother?"

But it was probably something like "hey buddy, some night huh?"

walking walking walking.

"oh man its so lonely and dark," I says to myself. When blessed be...






along comes Mary.

No comments: